Justified pride acquired through experience and reliability exceeding 20 years.
The First and Only Turkish Hair Transplant Center Awarded with European Quality Award; Meral Biçer, the founder and executive of Marmara Hair, the well-established and most reliable hair transplant centre of Turkey where hair transplant is applied to thousands of patients from all around the world, pointed out that a large number of patients are coming from Qatar to Turkey for hair transplant and made significant warnings.
Stating that the consequences of hair transplants performed in unspecialized centres with very low quality standards lead to big dissatisfactions, Ms. Biçer recommended patients intending to have hair transplant to gather detailed information about the clinic under consideration, because return from the improper applications is extremely difficult.
• As the founder of the most established and successful hair transplant centre of Turkey, how do you define success criteria in hair transplant? Being a major problem especially for males, hair loss is not an incurable problem and the only way to cure this is hair transplant. The most important criteria for a successful hair transplant implementation are getting hair follicles from the proper point of the scalp, correct determination of natural hair growth direction and rapid and proper transplantation of the grafts. Also, the patient’s observance of the recommended care process following transplantation is a factor effecting success. Hair transplant is an application that should be implemented by specialists of this field in a sterile environment and requires scrupulousness and experience. Here, I would like to underline the significance of experience. Our major advantage comes forward here. I would like to say with pride that our team is the most experienced and most successful team in Turkey. I think the quality award we have won is the best proof of this.
• Could you please give a brief information on the Quality Award? Business Initiative Directions (BID) grants golden, platinum and diamond awards in 3 categories every year to appreciate and encourage companies and corporations spread in 179 countries and leading their sectors with the emphasis they place in quality. We have received the International Gold Star for Quality award granted by BID in 2014. We are the first and only Turkish hair transplant centres winning this award.
• Congratulations, it’s a splendid award… Could you please give some information on pre and post hair transplant processes? Hair transplant is an operation taking approximately 6-7 hours. Local anaesthesia is applied to areas where hair would be transferred and implanted, thus our patients do not feel any pain during the entire operation. During the operation, patients can watch TV, listen to music in a highly hygienic and comfortable environment and can comfortably have lunch in the brake given.
Patients can go home after hair transplant. 3 days after hair transplant, there is a 10 days special care program. This program, including the regular medication and special washing schedule, can be easily implemented by the patient himself. Within the first 3 weeks following hair transplant, hair begin to shade but the follicles remain inside. 90 days after transplantation, hair begins to grow out from these follicles standing by. Since this hair growth is natural and not swelling, the patient can cosily go out. After 8-10 months on the average, growth of all hair is completed.
• In the recent years we got to hear the word “FUE” quite frequently in hair transplantation. What is FUE method? What are the advantages? With the commonly used FUE method, hair transplant takes 5-7 hours. Operation is conducted under local anaesthesia. In the FUE method, hair follicles are taken one by one with special tools having tips smaller than one millimetre. Therefore, no operation scar is left behind the head where follicles are taken. Thus, the patient can use his hair as long or short as he wishes after hair transplant. Since there is no surgical cut in the FUE method the healing process is fast, therefore a person getting hair transplant with FUE method can rapidly go back to his daily life.
• Ms. Biçer, in the recent years a vast number of patients from numerous countries prefer Turkey especially for hair transplant and hair cure. What are the reasons of this in your opinion? Turkey’s geographical position is undoubtedly the greatest factor… Istanbul is away only by 1-3 hours of flight distance from Europe, Middle East, North Africa and Turkic Republics and Turkish Airlines is the airline flying to maximum number of destinations in these regions. In other words, arrival to Istanbul is very easy. On the other hand, being the capital of the region for centuries, Istanbul certainly has irresistible attraction…
With its history, culture, entertainment as well as the most luxurious hotels and shopping malls, Istanbul is a perfect centres of attention for tourists coming especially from the Middle East and Arabian Peninsula. Looking from the patients’ perspective, most of the hospitals and medical centres in Istanbul offer quality services above European standards. Europe is growing old and does not renovate its technology rapidly, whereas Turkey is still very young and possesses leading edge technologies. Moreover, our physicians are well educated and their knowledge level is well above their colleagues in many countries. They are very successful especially in surgical branches. Our centre is located on Kadıköy - Bağdat Avenue, the most popular and one of the most attractive points of Istanbul with regard to refreshments sector as well as shopping. In case our patients come together with their families, their families can enjoy the Bağdat Avenue while their operations are performed. If they wish, we arrange hotel bookings and airporthotel transfers for them. Now we have a liaison office in Qatar and it is much easier for our Qatari patients to contact us.
Marmara Hair Qatar Liaison Office: Tel +0974 332 54429